Monday, February 07, 2011

In which I pretzel (yes, pretzel is now a verb)

Ok, so I know I promised gloves, and that post is coming (still weaving in ends...), but for now, I would like to share with you something of a whim.

Pretzels.

Rosemary + Rock Salt

As you may recall, I am internetless, and, being the impeccable student I am, this has taken a great big toll on my procrastination lately. Now, I have a certain nostalgia towards soft pretzels. Well, not I don't, that's a lie. I have a perceived nostalgia towards soft pretzels. I did not grow up eating them at sports games, from street vendors, or wherever else they are sold, but gosh, do I wish I had (this is concept of perceived nostalgia is quite common for me, especially if food-related). Long story short, I made pretzels! From here and gosh if they didn't just bring back unmemories of days past.

Composition in Round.

Mine came out quite chewy (I also opted for a rosemary and rock salt topping), and a little burnt, but delicious nonetheless. They turned out well enough that I opted to bring the bulk of the batch to a Super Bowl party the next day, and they were all claimed within minutes. I even invested in some real hot (quite hot, in fact!) mustard. Mmmm. When I feel a need for carbo-loading, I will make these again. Quick, easy, ridiculously simple ingredients, and fun! (I like kneading, and dough-rigami.

Oh, and as an aside, I would live to hear what tips everyone has for getting over procrastination... because I am very very good at it.

4 comments:

Ibunnysavetroy said...

yummmy! I love pretzels. I don't have any childhood memories of them, but I go to college near the mall - so I eat them at least biweekly. I always think I show make them but I never do. Those look particularly yummmy.

Kimboslice said...

I made a double batch of hot cross buns this morning from Nigella Lawson's Feast. So good for carb loading. Also, it would seem I have to post on every post you make.

Leah said...

Lovely. I tried making these yesterday, and mine don't look nearly as cute as yours, heh.

Tallguy said...

Hey, pretzels!! I've never had one. I made cinnamon buns this week, but I think I will try pretzels the next time. They look good. And quick. And allow lots of room for my modifications, like a variety of toppings, just to suit MY preferences. It's all good.