So I am sorry for the inundation of photos of one project, I do this all the time I know, it is my monogamous knitter self coming out. I will try to break it up, go easy on y'all, can't have you getting bored! This shouldn't be TOO difficult, because, once February (I love that word) rolls around, I will be participating in Project Spectrum 2.0, hooray! I don't know how much of a craft colour thing it will be for me, as my crafting is limited, but I do have some ideas, and this is the kind of project that really fires me up (and I followed it avidly last year).
Anyway, today's knitting content is the fact that I believe to have met gauge for the Princeton Knucks. I ended up doubling the yarn for a really dense and squooshy fabric (and I hear it gets cold there, so I'm not worried), the fabric I was getting from single-stranding was just getting way too light for my taste as I kept going up needle sizes to meet gauge, but we shall see. I think Ms. H. and I have settled on an acceptable design (but I'm going to review that because you know, midnight sketches and IM ideas aren't always the best) and it is sufficiently tiger-y without being tacky (no Fair Isle Princeton crests).
In short, if I can keep the energy levels up long enough to have this finished in good time... I am excited! Yay! Shiny! *runs off to chase yarn*
(The ceramic piece in this photo is a little Greenman made by my aunt years ago. She may drive me crazy like my mother [her sister] but there is no denying the fact that they are both incredibly talented artists. And I love Greenmen, they are adorable.)
Saturday, January 06, 2007
Posted by Michael at 12:24:00 PM
Thursday, January 04, 2007
Well, the colours in these photos at least (are unthruthful, for those who don't read blog post titles). It is all a little red or yellow, but you see, I have been busy, and social, and busy, and busy, and hi, I'm Michael and I have the attention span of a gnat on speed and the organisational skills of a pineapple (nothing against pineapples, but they aren't know for being well organized). My point is, I never remember to take photos of things in the daylight, so I am stuck with poorly light shots on my shoddy little desk (which is going to be replaced with a nice big table, which I can actually work at, and I am so excited).
Likewise, The Helm is done, has been done for two days and has been worn for two days (and oh my bubbeleh , the double-thick brim is sooooo nice and warm right now) and as a result, I have no pictures I am willing to share. Yet. They will come, as my weekend is free enough to find some time I hope.
Oh, as an aside, the black and orange (which is more of a slightly dirty orange) are supposed to turn into Princeton Knucks, if I can figure the gauge out (and that deserves it's own rant, maybe tomorrow). I hope I got the orange close enough to Princeton orange, so if there are any Tigers out there, let me know when I upload the good photos, eh?
Posted by Michael at 9:50:00 PM
Tuesday, January 02, 2007
Heh, it's resolution and list season! Neither of which I really do, but I do set goals.
Planned Knitting (in possibly chronological order)
- Pirate Mittens for Mr. vonA.
- Princeton Mittens for Ms. H.
- The (stupid...) Helm for me.
- Fingerless(?) Mittens for me.
- A sweater, maybe for me (I am a large guy, it would not be cheap).
- Lace, probably not for me.
- Socks, likely some for me, and some not.
- A murse, I could use a new one (that would be a man-purse [or a messenger/satchel bag], NOT a male nurse).
- Something felted.
- An Angst Cozy (patent pending).
- More Swatch Monsters.
- That's Enough For Now, As I Will Be Eating This Later, I Know, And Besides, I Need a New Job Before I Can Even THINK Of Buying More Yarn.
- Get in The Shape (I know, everyone says it, but I need to, and have [hopefully] the motivation).
- Make friends! (Last term was very encouraging academically, but I am starting to feel lonely)
- A job, I need a new one to buy yarn. Also see below.
- Travel (I would like to fly out East, dip down into Princeton, then take my time and train back across Canada. Also, there is a potential road-trip down the West Coast into the States, maybe as fat as San Francisco or something, which might take place next Christmas, but it's on the radar).
- Get my driver's license (I have had my 'L' for just over a year, I don't want to get it, but it's time to do it). Also see above.
That is all.
Hope you all have a great year.
Posted by Michael at 3:11:00 PM