Thursday, June 15, 2006

One can never have too many buttons!


So. I am officially taking a sock class/course starting this coming Tuesday evening with Katherine Foster of KateKnits(.com) This obviously meant that I needed to buy myself some yarn. Now, what says summer, beginner and broke student more than 3 balls of $5.00 lime-green 'Buttons' (of Naturally Hand Knit Yarns) yarn? Not much my friends, not much. On Saturday I will have the pleasure of meeting the teacher and getting some questions about yarn and needle size needed, I am getting excited!

It is a poor day for photo-taking, alors, pretend that the green is... fresher.

3 comments:

Tallguy said...

Hmmm--- Socks are fun to knit, and not hard at all. You'll have a good time!

Is that yarn wool (from sheep)? Wool is easier to work with. Check your thrift shops -- sometimes you can find real bargains.

Michael said...

I've been warned by all my friends mothers to stay away from socks, lest I get swamped with requests, but I'm excited nonetheless.

And it is an 83% wool(New Zealand), and 17% "effect" polyester.

Michael said...

Actually, as of yesterday, I'm out of classes for the summer!
I start up at the local University in September, however.