Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Long overdue

So really, these socks have been done for a week, I've also had the photos sitting around that long, but have not had a reliable internet connection until now.
So here they are!
First, there was one...

























Then came another...
























And, just to prove that there ARE two, and it's not the same sock on different feet...

Tah-dah!
Made using Katherine Foster's 'Easy Toe-Up Socks' method. (available at www.kateknits.com) and "Buttons DK weight" yarn. They were a blast! I learned the method alongside a few older ladies at a class taught by Katherine Foster, and it made a world of difference. They are perfect "footlets", though one could make them as long as one liked (the glory of toe-up). I finished mine with a 'Farrow Rib' pattern, but the booklet includes directions for a few alternate methods.

One the needles now... Nothing. Got a few ideas bouncing around, am toying with the idea of starting a sweater though. If anyone knows of any nice, somewhat straightforward patterns to which I can use an Aran weight cotton (someone is willing to unload a bit of their stash on me, enough to make me get a sweater), I would be much obliged.


3 comments:

KnitXcorE said...

the sock look awesome.... i can't wait to order some of that yarn (i found it at a couple of online shops0.... I'm going to check out that pattern also! Great job :-)

Chris said...

Fantastic looking sock!!!! One that I am actually impressed with! Not that other people are not doing some great work, but those are really good looking.

Kenny said...

Great job on em! I've been rolling around the idea of trying socks and any method with the word "easy" in it sounds good to me. Damn you for giving me yet another thing I wanna work on! :)