Friday, September 22, 2006

Socktober 2006!

*sings* You and me, and me and you...mumblemumble so happy togetheeeeeeer*/sings*



















I just really really like these two colours together. Am I weird that way?
First dishcloth in blue/teal in "Basketweave", and excellent simple easy in between class knit. Secondly, "Plaid". And may I just say "Oh my. Oh my yes." The pattern is nice, also inter-class worthy, but the texture of this knit up is just. Oh wow. My fingers have never been so happy. Actually... it's the texture of the BACK of the pattern. If noone else is willing to knit it themselves, I will be willing to mail it to you to feel. It is that good. Really.














Ok. So. October is fast approaching (September, where did you go?). And with October comes... Socktober 2006! It sounds delightful, in fact I have signed up already. There is no competition, so swaps, no deadlines, simply a celebration (public and private) of socks. Hey. I love socks, so why not?



















I picked up some yarn for Socktober from the delightful LYS today (I wonder if they know I blog. I doubt it. Should I tell them?). It is Schoeller Stahl, Fortissima Socka in what I, at first thought was grey with red tinges, but turns out to be purple with red and green tinges in daylgiht, as well as a red for contrasting heels/toes. Oh boy. More later.
 Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Dave said...

Those will be some very nice socks -- great colours! The cloths are coming along splendiferously :-)

sko_G knits said...

wow. those sock colours are just dee-loverly. i really like the idea of contrasting/complimentary colors for heels and toes.

now, if i would only learn how to make socks!!

Michael said...

I'm thinking the sock is destined for a version of these... http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer06/PATTlicketysplit.html